顔 - Facies
The front of the human head is called the face. It includes several distinct areas, of which the main features are:
- The forehead, comprising the skin beneath the hairline, bordered laterally by the temples and inferiorly by eyebrows and ears.
- The eyes sitting in the orbit and protected by eyelids, and eyelashes.
- The distinctive human nose shape, nostrils, and nasal septum.
- The cheeks covering the maxilla and mandibula (or jaw), the extremity of which is the chin.
- The mouth, with the upper lip divided by the philtrum, sometimes reveals the teeth.
This definition incorporates text from a public domain edition of Gray's Anatomy (20th U.S. edition of Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body, published in 1918 – from http://www.bartleby.com/107/).
一般解剖学 > 人体の体部 > 頭；アタマ > 顔